I will be taking the month of July off before going back to work. Or job hunting is more like it. Here are the things that have, so far, found their way on my list of things to do over vacation.
1. Unpack! We're moving this weekend and my first day off will be filled with copious amounts of unpacking, organizing and telling my husband he's not allowed to put away/organize my kitchen stuff because he just can't seem to get it right. In my brain, he's not organized enough. Could be my OCD.
2. Begin writing my first novel. I've written many short stories and some poetry along the way, but I feel the need to challenge myself to a full fledged novel. Still debating on whether to start my idea or co-write with a family member on the games & imagination of our childhood.
3. Finally finish scrapbooking my wedding/honeymoon albums. It's horrible that we've been married almost two years now and I'm less than halfway through the wedding album. It takes me so long to choose the "right" pictures to go in there. I always feel like I'll be leaving something out. Not to mention, they only have so many wedding scrapbook decorations and I've probably used them all!
4. Trip to the Jersey Shore! I will be taking a one and a half day trip to the Jersey shore. This quaint little Victorian town is where I spent every first week in August during my childhood. So many great memories and some of the family will be going back. We've changed it to the weekend of July 4th to coincide with: 1) missing jellyfish season and 2) most of the extended family will be there as well. Last year was the first time we've been back in about 10 years.
5. Trip to Tampa, Naples & Ft. Myers, FL. Very excited to go down to FL and see my family. I haven't seen them since the beginning of April and it's been far too long. I'm so excited to see my new baby cousin Avery and be able to spend much more time down there. I will not be looking forward to the heat and humidity though. But it will be nice to see some sunshine and listen to the ocean.
6. Camping trip with my husband's cousins. I guess they used to take these great camping trips together (as did my family) and we all want to do that again this year. I'm looking forward to it. I always have such a great time with his cousins and again haven't been camping here in NE since childhood.
7. Trip to Cape Cod. My husband and I will be visiting some friends and having a little bit of a romantic trip to the beach. We need a little time for ourselves :P
I'm seeing a trend here...lots of trips!
I think this is about it...so far. We're very spontaneous people and love a good adventure. Not sure if we'll have time for more but if it's something we want to do - we'll make it work.
What are your plans for the summer?