Saturday, May 30, 2009

Best Book Ever

Last year my brother gave me a book to read called "Rescuing Sprite" by Mark R. Levin. My brother hasn't suggested a book for me to read since...well, I can't even remember. We both grew up loving books and I do mean loving them, but we didn't usually have the same taste. When he suggested it he told me this one was one of the best books he has ever read and I really took what he said seriously. I read the entire book that night and have never laughed so hard and cried so hard at a book in a long time if ever. Reading the entire book in one sitting wasn't hard to do. It was a fast read and a relatively small book with print a little on the bigger side. It was an amazing story though about a man, his family and their relationships with their dogs. This is a true story that every dog lover and pet lover for that matter should read. I can't say anything more about it or I will give the story away completely. All I can say is when I was reading the book my husband was sleeping next to me on the couch. I was crying so hard that he woke up thinking something bad happened. I was in hysterics. But don't let that scare you away from reading this book. (I'm also a little bit of an emotional person so that could be why I cried so hard.) I can't say enough good things about it. It has touched me in so many ways and made me look at life differently. It also made me appreciate my little fur baby more than any words could ever describe. Dogs really do have a special unconditional love for their owners and the bond is one-of-a-kind. Either way, I recommend this book to everyone but make sure you have a big box of tissues next to you. Let me know what you think of this book after you've read it and if you have already, did you feel that same way I did? What are your thoughts about the book?


Click to read synopsis and reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment